This List of Lodges, which was commenced 27th November 1725, seems to have been continued until 1729. It probably served as the official record of Lodges and their members, until succeeded by the revised list for 1730.
My interest in the Lodges are the establishments which they attach themselves, in particular the early taverns and the coffee houses, although the detail of address is fairly limited.
There are five lists, some are repetitive, but in alternative orders of seniority
List Of Lodges 1725-1729. (From the Minute Book of Grand Lodge).
Goose and Gridiron, St. Pauls Church Yard.
Queens Head, in Knaves Acre.
Green Lettice, in Brownlow Street.
Horn, at Westminster.
Kings Head, in Ivy Lane.
Griffin, in Newgate Street.
Three Compasses, in Silver Street.
Ffountain Tavern, in the Strand.
Rose & Crown, in King street, Westminster.
Globe Tavern, in Fleet Street.
Rummer Tavern, at Charing Cross.
Half Moon, in the Strand.
Bedford Head, Covent Garden.
Castle Tavern, St. Giles.
Cardigan, at Charing Cross.
Swan Tavern, Ffish Street Hill.
Bull Head, in Southwark.
Anchor, in Dutchy Lane, Strand.
Baptist Head, Chancery Lane.
Sun Tavern, in Clare Market.
Sun, South side St. Pauls.
Crown, behind the Exchange.
Three Tuns, Newgate Street.
Denmarks Head, Cavendish Street.
Buffeloe, in Bloomsbury
Globe Tavern, att Moore Gate.
Kings Arms, St. Pauls.
Queens Head, in Great Queen Street.
Lyon, in Brewers Street.
Dolphin, in Tower Street.
Duke of Chandois Armes, Edgworth.
Crown, at Acton.
Kings Head, in Pall Mall.
Dicks Coffee House, in the Strand.
Ship, without Temple Barr.
Naggs Head, in Princes Street.
Ship, on Ffish Street Hill.
Bell Tavern, at Westminster.
Star and Garter, Covent Garden.
Devil Tavern, Temple Barr.
Toms Coffee House, Clare Market.
Red Lyon, Tottenham Court Road.
Crown and Sceptre, St. Martins Lane.
Red Lyon, at Richmond, Surrey.
Queens Head, at Bath.
Naggs Head, at Bristol.
Maids Head, at Norwich.
Swan, in Chichester.
Suun, in Chester.
Spread Eagle, in Chester.
Castle and Faulkon, in Chester.
Masons Arms, in Ffulham.
Legg Tavern, in Ffleet Street.
Black Posts, in Great Wild Street.
Swan, in East Street, Greenwich.
Queens Head, in Hollis Street.
Ffleece, in Ffleet Street.
Crown and Harp, St. Martins Lane.
Rummer, in Henrietta Street.
Solomans Temple, Hemmings Row.
Lebecks Head, Maiden Lane.
Red Lyon, at Brentford.
Hand and Appletree, Little Queen Street.
King Hen. Head, Seven Dyalls.
Blew Posts, in Deveraux Court.
Mitre, at Reading.
Free Masons Coffee House, New Belton Street.
Mitre Tavern, Covent Garden.
Golden Lyon, Dean Street.
Bell Tavern, Nicholas Lane.
Cock and Bottle, in Little Britain. Constituted 7th Jany. 1725
East India Arms, at Gosport, Mr. Timothy Raggett. 27th Feb. 1728
Naggs Head and Starr, in Carmarthen, South Wales. 9th June 1729
Kings Head, in Salford, near Manchester.
Castle and Leg, in Holborn.
Green Lettice, in Brownloe Street, in Holborn.
Wool Pack, in the town of Warwick.
There are further listings onwards to about 1810.
The Four Lodges is an downloadable and readable via google books searchAnd Last updated on: Thursday, 30-Jul-2020 17:26:12 BST